National Dance Project Presentation Grant
Presentation Grants provide subsidy of up to 50% of an artist's fee, including housing, per diem, and travel, for the presentation of works that have received NDP Touring Awards.
More About NDP Presentation Grants
These grants support the dance field by enabling audiences in communities across the nation to experience the work of some of the most creative and compelling dance artists of our time. U.S. nonprofit organizations interested in presenting an NDP-supported project should contact the project’s tour coordinator (listed in the NDP Touring Awards publication) in advance of the annual tour plan deadline. NEFA will contact organizations included on tour plans with application instructions.
- U.S. nonprofit organizations included on NDP Touring Award artist tour plans may apply. See most recent NDP Touring Awards publication for eligible projects.
- There is no limit to the number of Presentation Grants a presenter or nonprofit organization may receive, but a separate application must be submitted for each NDP project.
- Engagements must take place during the NDP touring season (between June 1 of the award year and August 31 of the following year) and include at least one public performance of the funded work.
- Presenters in receipt of FUSED, NEST, or Expeditions funding may not receive an NDP Presentation Grant for the same project
Process & Deadlines
- September 2013–February 2014: NDP Touring Awards announced; performing arts presenters and other nonprofit organizations interested in presenting a funded project should contact tour coordinators to engage in planning and negotiations.
- March 10, 2014: Deadline for tour coordinators to submit working tour plans to NEFA. NEFA then invites applicants to submit Presentation Grant applications (requests) based on the tour plans. Download the Tour Plan form.
- April 14, 2014: Presentation Grant request deadline; tour coordinators submit final tour plans to NEFA.
- May 2014: NDP Presentation Grant recipients announced.
Grant Applications & Instructions
The most recent deadline has passed.
Requirements & Reports for Grant Recipients
Requirements (All supplemental materials should be uploaded on the attachments tab of the online grantee report.)
- Completed and submitted online grantee report (below).
- Copies of program and publicity materials (read details).
- Signed Receipt Form (read details; access the form).
- IRS W-9 Form (see www.irs.gov for current version).
- Photos of the NDP-supported engagement.
Click below to log in and begin your grantee report. You may save and return at any time.
Questions about the program or eligibility:
Sara C. Nash | Program Manager, National Dance Project
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x512
Questions about the application process or grant forms:
Cheri Opperman | Grants Coordinator, National Dance Project
firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.951.0010 x524
Elizabeth Epsen | Program Coordinator, National Dance Project
email@example.com | 617.951.0010 x521